Welcome to the Corleone family. After a life of small-time jobs and petty thefts youve been accepted into Americas most famous criminal organization. Now its up to you to carry out orders, earn respect, rise through the ranks, and make New York City your own. Play your cards right and you could even be running everything as the next, and most powerful, Don.
A story about family, respect, and loyalty, The Godfather book by Mario Puzo and film by Paramount Pictures serve as inspiration for the game as you join the Corleone family and earn respect through loyalty and fear as you rise through the ranks to become Don in a living, 1945-1955 New York. The Godfather The Game will put you at the center of action in one of historys most revered cinematic masterpieces, allowing you to create yourself in the game, and then choose your path as you rise.
- Respect and consequences: Players will use their powers of loyalty and fear to earn respect throughout New York City. Decisions made by the player in the game will have lasting consequences.
- Persistent world of The Godfather: Your character will interact freely with other characters in the world. Depending on your needs and how you choose to play the game, by violent or intimidating means or respectful or negotiating means, the characters in the world will remember your interactions.
- Blackhand controls and pressure-point targeting: Being a gangster has never felt so good and Blackhand will put the power of intimidation in the hands of the player. An analog control-based combat system will give players the use of both analog sticks and shoulder buttons to execute punches, kicks, grabs, and even allow you to strangle an opponent. Pressure-point targeting will help lock on less lethal parts of an opponents body so theyre still around to give information vital to you.
- Create the new face of crime: Use "MobFace" feature to create a new member of the Corleone family with your own tough, street-wise looks. Customize facial features and hair, suit up your created mobster in era clothing, and then lead him through the classic world of The Godfather.
- Control New York: the Corleones control of New York will be challenged by the four families from the fiction including the Barzini, Cuneo, Stracci, and Tattaglia families.
- Academy Award winning composer Bill Conti and Emmy Award winning composer Ashley Irwin are collaborating to create over 100 minutes of new music, in addition to the classic soundtrack from the film.