Deathinitive Edition Features:
- Darksiders 2 with All DLCs* included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours *(Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb).
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows.
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics.
- Running in native 1080p resolution.
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution.
What starts with War, ends in Death.
Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother's name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation.
Darksiders II follows the exploits of Death, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in an action-packed tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels Death across an expansive gameworld as he tries to redeem his brother, War, the horseman blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.
Like the original Darksiders game before it, the second iteration of the series is primarily a hack ‘n slash adventure. The game takes place across netherworld environments, including 'The White city', an outpost where angels live, and 'The Eternal Throne', a floating fortress where the Lords of the Dead stand guard over souls that need to be cleansed. Although Death is the most feared of the Four Horsemen, his physical abilities are very different than his brother, War. Death is far more nimble, and relies on a combination of melee and ranged attacks. In combat Death's primary weapon is his huge iconic scythe, with a wide range of other weapons and usable items that must be gathered as the game progresses. Weapons can be dual-wielded, upgradable armor can be acquired for protection and Death has access to his terrifying and powerful mount, Despair.
Unlike anything the player’s seen before, delivered in Joe Mad’s unique style
Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
Become the most feared of the legendary Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds
Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death.
Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations.