Step inside the most richly detailed and vibrant game-world ever created. Oblivion is the latest chapter in the epic and highly successful Elder Scrolls saga and utilizes the latest PC and next-generation video game hardware to fully immerse the player into the experience. With a powerful combination of freeform gameplay and unprecedented graphics, players can unravel the main quest at their own pace or explore the vast world and make their own challenges.
After the mysterious and untimely death of the Emperor, desperate factions vie for control of Tamriel’s throne. With the empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land, laying waste to everything in their path. To turn the tide of darkness the player must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
- Return of the Elder Scrolls: the sequel to the best-selling, role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, which has sold over 2.5 million units in North America on Xbox and PC.
- Live another life in another world: gamers can create and play any character they can imagine, from the noble warrior to the sinister assassin to the wizened sorcerer.
- Next-generation graphics: pixel-shader effects and high-definition televisions are fully supported to create unprecedented visuals, including lifelike towns, dungeons, and the most realistic forests ever created in a game.
- First-person melee and magic: an all-new combat and magic system brings first-person role playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.
- Radiant AI: Groundbreaking AI system gives Oblivion’s characters full 24/7 schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. Non-player characters eat, sleep, and complete goals all on their own.
- Realistic characters: Features over 1,000 non-player characters who come to life like never before with facial animations, lip-synching, and full speech. They even engage in unscripted conversations with each other.
- Open-ended game play and short challenges: The enormous world of Oblivion is open, allowing players to explore at their own pace. Players will encounter shorter challenges such as fighting bandits, mixing potions, and creating magic along the way to unraveling the main quest.